Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 4 thoughts

Day 4: Thursday 4 June 2009

Hey. I thought I'd write a blog about how the experiment is going, what I learn etc.

Annotations
Today I started annotating the videos with the corrections that people have left. I think putting the annotations in the videos helps me learn from the mistakes more than just reading them.

Announcements
Yesterday I announced the experiment on tdes and some people checked it out and left nice comments :) I also announced it on Twitter - and several people were very supportive and said it was a great idea :) Today knf announced it in Mixi and a few people were interested and came and checked it out.

Emoticons
I just tried to find a Japanese emoticon to express my thanks for a nice comment and spent several minutes looking at lists of emoticons (called emoji or kaomoji) and eventually decided on this one:

☆⌒(*^▽゜)vありが㌧

Cute, but not too much. Wow, there are some craaaazily long ones ... does anyone actually understand ones like this:

(ノ・ω・)ノヨロヾ(・ω・ヾ)シク(σ・Д・)σネ★(^▽^笑)

http://kaomojiya.com/
http://emoji.vis.ne.jp/

No comments:

Post a Comment